The Manaaki Whenua Research Trust
Manaaki Whenua Research Trust – helping Kiwis solve New Zealand's environmental problems
Increasingly, New Zealanders want to help protect our unique native species and environments: they are an important part of our natural heritage and what it means to be a New Zealander. Through the Manaaki Whenua Research Trust, all New Zealanders can support critical research to solve New Zealand’s worst environmental problems.
The Trust was established in March 2016 to support world-class environmental research to develop new innovations, technologies and tools to:
- protect New Zealand's treasured species and ecosystems
- enable more sustainable management of New Zealand soils and landscapes
- improve weed and pest control
- manage the impacts of climate change and
- maintain and develop the Nationally Significant Collections and Databases that Landcare Research looks after on behalf of all New Zealanders.
Donations to the Trust help Landcare Research to deliver research in areas important to New Zealand’s future, as well as support talented New Zealand researchers, including up-and-coming early career researchers.