What are spiders?
- They have 2 parts to the main body:
- hard front part, the head and thorax, called the cephalothorax or prosoma;
- soft hind part, the abdomen, called the opisthosoma.
- They have a narrow stalk or waist called the pedicel joining the cephalothorax and opisthosoma.
- They always have 8 legs and 2 palps (used for grooming and feeding) attached to the cephalothorax.
- They have no wings or antennae, although the palps at the front act like antennae.
|Spider diagram for printing (206KB) Open immediately by left-clicking mouse.
Download and save by right-clicking mouse and selecting Save Target As.